What is Your Top Ten?
David Letterman had a top ten. I have a top ten. Do you?
To me, the top ten is the list of activities you need to incorporate into your life on a regular basis that lead to a feeling of greater fulfillment and overall well being.
My Top Ten includes:
- Have a massage or spa treatment at least once a month.
- Go on a date night with my hubby every two weeks.
- Plan a few moments every day to do something enjoyable by myself. This could be reading or going to a Starbucks and indulging in a latte while people watching.
- Exercise every day for at least 45 minutes.
- Eat nutritious food, but have one night a week (usually Saturday nights!) that is my cheat night.
- Spend time with others I love.
- Do something kind for someone else every day. That could be sending a note to someone or taking the time to hold the door for a stranger while smiling.
- Plan a fun vacation several times a year.
- Meditate 5 times a week or more.
- Listen to uplifting music. I have quite an eclectic taste in music. I am a country girl by birth so I like country music. I also like AC/DC and my kids keep me up-to-date on all the latest pop music that I must admit, I really like too!
Think about what activities make you feel alive. Many of them may even feel like a luxury. But when you stop to think about it, you really should be pampering yourself. We invest in our education, our homes, but we tend to overlook investing in our most valuable asset. Take care of your well-being and happiness. Trust me, the payoff will be worth it! Now, go ahead, and create your own Top 10!
Blogger: Carey-Ann Oestreicher, Chief Engagement Officer, Potential Unlimited
Recipient of a Top 40 Under Forty Business Achievement award, Carey-Ann Oestreicher, owner of the career development firm for women, Potential Unlimited (www.potentialunlimited.ca), holds an MBA and has worked in a variety of senior positions including vice-president level. Her focus is her family and helping women in business find true peace and happiness in their lives while achieving new heights in their careers.
Carey-Ann has been featured in a variety of media because of the success she has experienced with her holistic approach to developing women leaders and entrepreneurs. Her appearances include: CTV’s Canada AM, TSN, CBC News, Global Television, City TV News, The Globe and Mail, Canadian Business magazine, The Toronto Star and The Canadian Press.